now, lauching your coreldraw application, click new, note: the things you see at the top if the drawing area is called property bar while those at the right are the colour palate and the ones on the left are tool bars.
THE TOOL BAR.
no need to explain them, just roll your mouse to where the tool is and it's name will appear. Note: on the mouse we have right click and click button. take note of that.
The property bar
1. the drawing sheet (I. e where you see Letter at the property bar)
2 the length and height of the drawing ( close to Letter)
3 how do you want your paper to be( portrait or land scape)
4 unit of drawing. ( like I said earlier, we use inches).
NOW LETS DO SOMETHING WITHOUT PICTURE. OK LETS SAY A COMPLIMENTARY CARD FOR A START.
steps:SETTING THE DRAWING BOARD
1 click on Letter, select A4, select land scape (or which ever you want to use) , set your unit to inches. now you will see your paper width and height as 11.6 and 8.2 respectively. leave it like that.
1. select rectangle from the tool box, go to your drawing area, hold Right-click then drag to create a rectangle.( you can do it anywhere, but remember to move it to the drawing sheet.)
2. click on pick tool, set your object size to 2.9 and 1.9 as length and height respectively. it's small right? now press F4 on your keyboard, big again? Now that's where you are going to do your work.
3. Give your rectangle a colour by selecting from the colour palate.
4. click on text tool or press F8. Type WAPFORUM. COM. NG, click on pick tool again, Go-to property bar and select a font( where you see Arial) select impact.
5. if the text is too long or big, you can reduce it by moving your mouse to the base of the test(those blue square) hold down right-click and drag.
6 I put my test at the middle, give it a color.( you can add effect to text, but we are not going to do that now)
OK Lets Do just one. click on the text, go to your color palate, click (click, not right click this time around) on white or any colour your choice, then go to tool bar, Open the tool below text tool, select drop shadow, go to your text, hold down right-click and drag to the end of the text.
Complimentary card is mostly write up, so just do something. in case you want to save it to your phone, press ctrl+E select file type as jpg bitmap then save. we will continue later. @naijatab@flexible@eleniyan@Haarun@phanteez@Chidera@cyberlordh @Dynamo feel free to ask questions on where you don't seem to understand.