During follow up to the gruesome murder Of Dr Ibrahim Mailafia on 3/11/17 between Kaduna-Zaria- Kano Expressway by deadly kidnappers/armed robbers while on his way to Kano to visit his family after obtaining a doctorate degree on Artificial intelligence from United Kingdom, it was gathered that the murderers were the same criminals terrorizing motorists along Niger-Abuja and Kaduna-Zaria-Kano Expressways.
Special Team of the IGP's Intelligence Response Team IRT in an unrelenting follow up eventually arrested 14 confirmed members of the Kidnapping and Armed Robbery Syndicate including the receivers of their robbed cars.
Suspects arrested Includes
1) Sunday Jatau 'M' 35yrs Native of Kaduna State, the leader of the gang who confessed to have Personally Shot and killed Dr Mailafia,
2) Solomon Jatau 'M' 40yrs brother to the gang leader,
3) Ayuba Jatau 'M' 32yrs also younger brother to the Gangleader,
4) Ishaku Luka aka Dogo who sells arms and ammunitions to the gang 'M' 42yrs native of Kujama LGA Kaduna,
5) Bature Adamu 'M' 38yrs,
6) Bello Abdullahi 32yrs,
7) Mamuda Mohammed 'M' 27yrs,
Ibrahim Daniel 'M' 27yrs native of Chad Republic who was found in possession of the late Dr Mailafia's phones,
9) Emmanuel Garba 'M' 27yrs native of Ekot-Epene in Akwa Ibom State.
10) Alhaji Usman Mohammed 'M' 35yrs Receiver Of their Robbed goods
11) Alhaji Ibrahim Baba 'M' 49yrs Receiver Of Robbed goods,
12) Bello Aliyu 'M' 36yrs Receiver Of Robbed goods,
13) Surajo Mohammed 'M' 35yrs Receiver Of Robbed goods and
14) Hassan Ibrahim 'M' 55yrs Receiver Of Robbed goods were all Arrested in Kaduna and Zaria respectively.
Suspects Confessed to Several Armed Robberies, Kidnappings And Murders within the Highways Of kaduna, Kano and Niger States.