[-]
Tags
to no everton’s chelsea thibaut replace want pickford 1 courtois jordan as

Hi Guest, kindly Login Or Register To Unlock More Advanced Features In Wapforum

Chelsea Want Everton’s Jordan Pickford To Replace Thibaut Courtois As No. 1
(2.1k )
Belgian stopper is set to walk away from Stamford Bridge this summer after 'agreeing terms with Real Madrid'

- The Blues are now turning to Jordan Pickford as No 1 target if Thibaut Courtois finally leaves

- The Belgian international is widely expected to complete a missive switch to Real Madrid this summer

Premier League side Chelsea are eyeing a move for England’s World Cup goalie Jordan Pickford to replace Thibaut Courtois as the club’s No 1 this summer.

According to a UK Sun report, the 26-year-old Belgium international is linked with a move away from the West London side this transfer window after reportedly settling personal terms with the Los Blancos.

At the moment, the Stamford Bridge outfit are expected to seal a move for Everton’s Three Lions goalkeeper Pickford ahead of compatriot Jack Butland.

Stoke City have already placed a £30million price-tag on Butland but English topflight sides are weary not to over spend on the shot-stopper.

On the other hand, the 24-year-old Pickford is expected to cost the FA Cup winners about £60m after his value went up after England reached the semis of the World Cup in Russia.

Either way, the Blues are keen to seal a deal for a home-grown keeper in the years ahead as veteran shot-stopper Rob Green would only act as back-up option.

The report further added that Chelsea eggheads were looking forward to keep Courtois at the English topflight and have drafted a new contract in the region of £200,000-a-week since December.

However, the Belgium international reportedly snubbed the contract extension as he prefers a switch to the Santiago Benerbeu where a stunning pay-rise awaits him.

The West London are not hunting for a replacement with the likes of Barcelona keeper Jasper Cillessen a potential choice, according to reports.

Chelsea were looking to bring in ex-Roma goalkeeper Alisson, only to miss out to Liverpool, who splashed a £66.8million world-record fee on the Brazilian last week.

Meanwhile, we previously heard report that Chelsea have completed the signing of veteran goalkeeper Robert Green on a free transfer after spending last season with Huddersfield Town.

The former England international will serve as back up for Thibaut Courtois and Willy Caballero in between the sticks.

@flexible

Attached Files
.jpg   tmp-cam--428264882.jpg (Size: 33.98 KB / Downloads: 81)

Share This Post To The World