Advertise Your Business With Us At Cheap Price, Call Or WhatsApp +2349021020979

[-]
Tags
godstarter

Hi Guest, kindly Login Or Register To Unlock More Advanced Features In Wapforum

Godstarter
(134 )
Short Devotion: Begin Again - Colossians 1:19-20
Colossians 1:19-20 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross. (NIV)
For some folks, Easter is a special occasion when they feel as though they can start again. The resurrection of Christ gives them a hope of renewal in their lives and becomes the change agent that they have needed for such a long time. Just as the world around them appears to be coming alive, some people feel the same within themselves, so their spirits reconnect to God. They may not realize it at first, but this is the way that God, through Christ, reconciles them to Him. Those who were lost are found again; those who had fallen away are brought back and built up; those who were in despair or darkness are given the love and light that they require.
I don’t know about you, but I need to reset my life, too. It’s been a strange year and one which I hope never to repeat. I’m thankful that God has sustained the good folks around me – my family, my friends, my church folks – but I also feel ready to begin again and start a new journey of faith because I know that all things have changed.
Perhaps you feel the same, but before you or I take the first tentative step, we have to let God reconcile us to Himself first; in other words, God initiates the process and we let Him set the path for our new journey. Change comes to us each day, but the challenge for us is to see which changes God has begun and that we are invited to follow.
Q: How has God changed me through this last year? Where is God leading me now?
Prayer: Lord Jesus, thank You for being with us each day of this past turbulent year. Let Your fulness fill our souls, allowing our lives to begin again. May we embrace Your Father’s love and receive His blessing of reconciliation. In Your Holy Name, we gratefully pray. Amen.
Today’s image is John’s latest Easter drawing called Son Dance. If you would like to view a larger version, please click this link: Son Dance.
Pastor John
www.erinpres.org
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
Posted by Stushie at 12:29 PM
No comments:
Labels: can God forgive me? ,
encouraging devotion , forgiveness devotion, pandemic devotion, praying to God devotion, Psalm 85 , psalm 85 devotion Psalm 85: A Beautiful Song
Today's devotion: A Beautiful Song
Psalm 85:7 Show us your unfailing love, Lord, and grant us your salvation. (NIV)
There’s something simply beautiful about the whole of Psalm 85. The writer tells of a time when the people of God were looking for forgiveness and mercy for the foolish and sinful mistakes they had made in the past. The whole community felt as though God was angry with them, so both the psalmist and the people prayed for God’s grace.
The psalm begins with a plea for forgiveness of the past and then develops into a prayer for restoration. It’s a very simple way of expressing faith in God’s love for people, and of asking for reassurance in a troubled time. The psalm ends with a song of praise about God’s goodness and leaves the reader, as well as the singers, with a lot of hope for the future. It’s a beautiful song of faith which during this whole pandemic crisis becomes a perfect poem of restoration and renewal.
I don’t know about you, but I needed to re-read and embrace this psalm today to know and experience God’s love, mercy, and grace. I hope and pray that you can do the same. ?
You can read all thirteen beautiful verses of the psalm at this link: Psalm 85 .
Prayer: Lord God, thank You for Your mercy and grace, especially when we feel unworthy to receive it. Restore us with Your Spirit of goodness and lead us into a better future. In Christ’s Name, we

ihostright

Share This Post To The World