31-07-2022, 11:03 PM
pdf | 24.28 MB | English | Isbn: B09RPSL6WC | Author: DK Eyewitness | Year: 2022
Quote:France's most alluring region promises fragrant fields of lavender, incredible ancient relics and celebrated art collections. Sandy Riviera beaches, glitzy resorts and hilltop villages may come to mind when you think of Provence and the Côte d'Azur, but this region is also a haven for lovers of the great outdoors. Its array of stunning natural landscapes includes the alpine wilderness of Parc National du Mercantour, the rugged coastal cliffs of the Calanques and the dramatic Gorges du Verdon - Europe's deepest canyon.
Immortalised on canvas by the likes of Cézanne and Van Gogh, Provence and the Côte d'Azur is a region resplendent with Roman ruins, stunning beaches, glamorous towns and beautiful countryside. Make the most of your trip to this dazzling corner of France with DK Eyewitness Top 10. Planning is a breeze with our simple lists of ten, covering the very best that Provence and the Côte d'Azur have to offer and ensuring that you don't miss a thing. Best of all, the
pocket-friendly format is light and easily portable; the perfect companion while out and about. DK Eyewitness Top 10 Provence and the Cote d'Azur is your ticket to the trip of a lifetime.
Inside DK Eyewitness Top 10 Provence and the Cote d'Azur you will find:
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Provence and the Cote d'Azur's must-sees including Gorges du Verdon, Aix-en-Provence, St-Tropez, the Camargue and Casino Monte Carlo
- Easy-to-follow itineraries including ideas for day trips, weekends and a week's worth of plans to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations on Provence and the Côte d'Azur's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, eating out and sightseeing, with top tips on getting ready, getting around and staying safe
- Themed lists including the best art galleries, beaches, vineyards and distilleries, gourmet restaurants and much more
- Detailed maps including a laminated pull-out map of Provence and the Côte d'Azur, plus eight full-color area maps
- Covers: Palais des Papes, Gorges du Verdon, Roman Arles, Aix-en-Provence, Vieux Nice, St-Tropez, The Camargue, Vaison-la-Romaine, Abbaye Notre-Dame de, Sénanque, Casino de Monte Carlo, Moments in History, Provençal Legends, Painters in Provence, Roman Sights, Art Galleries, Places of Worship, Provence Villages, Areas of Natural Beauty, Gardens of Provence, Beaches in Provence, Offshore Islands, Places to See and Be Seen, Vineyards and Distilleries, Children's Activities, Sporting Activities, Gourmet Restaurants, Provence for Free, Festivals and Events, Provence and the Côte d'Azur, Marseille, Bouches-du-Rhône, The Var and Provençal Coast, Nice, Monaco and the Riviera, Alpes-Maritimes, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence, Vaucluse, Streetsmart, Getting Around Provence and the, Côte d'Azur and Practical Information
Looking for more on Provence and the Côte d'Azur's culture, history and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness Provence
and the Côte d'Azur or DK Eyewitness France.
About DK Eyewitness:
At DK Eyewitness, we believe in the power of discovery. We make it easy for you to explore your dream destinations. DK Eyewitness travel guides have been helping travellers to make the most of their breaks since 1993. Filled with expert advice, striking photography and detailed illustrations, our highly visual DK Eyewitness guides will get you closer to your next adventure. We publish guides to more than 200 destinations, from pocket-sized city guides to comprehensive country guides. Named Top Guidebook Series at the 2020 Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards, we know that wherever you go next, your DK Eyewitness travel guides are the perfect companion.
Category:French Travel, General France Travel Guides