Advertise Your Business With Us At Cheap Price, Call Or WhatsApp +2349021020979

[-]
Tags
a neutral don message stay t

Hi Guest, kindly Login Or Register To Unlock More Advanced Features In Wapforum

A Message Don't Stay Neutral
(435 )
The first major progressive group to make an endorsement was the Working Families Party in September, and it chose Warren."Elizabeth Warren has been a personal hero to many WFP members," the group's national director, Maurice Mitchell, said to an estimated 20,000-person crowd at a rally in New York City. "Her critique of the financial industry helped lay the groundwork for Occupy Wall Street."
The Working Families Party's decision sent a message to fellow progressives: Don't stay neutral in the primary; pick a side.

At the time, Warren was rising in the polls, and for a sliver of time, she even overtook Joe Biden as the national front-runner. So, it seemed that both progressive organizations and voters would be split between Warren and Sanders.
But, ultimately, that's not what happened."You started to see dominoes fall"

In October, three of the four members of the so-called congressional "squad" of progressives — Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar — decided to back Sanders in quick succession. This young, multiracial group of women, some of the most outspoken progressive voices in Congress, had put their foot on the scale. And progressives across the country noticed.Sanders' campaign manager, Faiz Shakir, described the endorsements as "very impactful."

"You started to see dominoes fall after that," said George Goehl, the director of People's Action, a coalition of progressive groups that says it represents an estimated 1 million people. The organization endorsed Sanders in December.
Also in December, the Center for Popular Democracy Action, another progressive coalition, backed Sanders. And then in January, the Sunrise Movement, a group of thousands of young climate activists, publicly backed Sanders.

ihostright

Share This Post To The World