Hello There, Guest!!
Current time: 03-21-2018, 12:31 PM
Register | Lost Password?

Hello PluginLibrary!

This is a sample PluginLibrary Plugin (which can be disabled!) that displays this message on all pages.

...and this is the hellopl_example template.

Poll: Will you end facebook coming 2018?
This poll is closed.
Oh yes.
0 0%
Hell No!
3 30.00%
Not really, but I'll reduce my time spent online.
7 70.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2018
12-28-2017, 09:48 AM,
5 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2018
“Facebook is so annoying.” How many times have you heard that sentiment this past year? We bet a lot, because more and more people seem to be getting tired of the social media platform, especially young people.

Well, here are some reasons why you might consider ending your facebook career.

1. Facebook makes it impossible for you to stay “private.”

For many valid reasons (think stalker exes or potential employers), some people don’t like having their name come up when it’s typed into the Facebook search bar. However, most users this year found problems with changes to privacy settings. For one, Facebook removed the option to keep your name hidden when people search you. They also forced people to control their privacy settings on a cumbersome item-by-item basis. Today, the only way to make sure certain people can’t access your profile is to block them. Or alter your name so it doesn’t appear when people search your real one. Or, of course, quit Facebook entirely.

2. Facebook is even keeping track of what you don’t say.

You may have been happy you didn’t post that one over-share about your extended trip to the bathroom the other day, but Facebook may have a record of exactly what you typed and what time you were about to publish it. This month, Facebook released a study revealing that they were undergoing a new type of data collection in which they were tracking when people typed content out and then removed it without publishing. Their mission is to understand why users “self-censor” themselves in updates. According to Facebook data scientist Sauvik Das, a “self-censored update” is “an entry into either [a status update or comment box] of more than five characters that was typed out but not submitted for at least the next 10 minutes.”

3. The “friend suggestions” tell you to befriend people you don’t even know.

Facebook’s “friend suggestions” algorithm needs some work, because these days we’re discovering that your potential “friends” are people we only know through someone else, or someone we haven’t even met at all. If you want people to stop using a platform that is supposed to connect them and bring them together with the people they care about, you should definitely adopt Facebook’s strategy of trying to get you to care about the lives of complete strangers.

4. It Wastes Your Time

It's estimated that the average casual user (17 minutes per day on Facebook) who has been active on the site for 10 years has wasted upwards of 40 entire days of their lives scrolling and liking and commenting on pictures and posts. And more engaged users, who spend at least an hour a day on the site, have clocked 150 days feeding the Facebook beast during the same time. Think about how long you spend on the site each day, and what else could be a more productive use of your time.

5. Nothing You Post Actually Matters

Very few people care what you're doing, whom you're with, where you're eating, or what you just bought, and the people who do were probably right next to you when you did it. We all saw that funny Ice Bucket Challenge video, and if we didn’t see it, it's fine. We're all fine. You'll sleep well without knowing which childhood toys you owned are now worth a fortune, and you will absolutely "believe what happened next" on Upworthy, because someone took time to write about it. These articles only exist because you share them on Facebook, and you only share them because they exist. So, instead, just invite a friend over to talk about how much you both loved Save By the Bell. The internet can only take so much nostalgia.

Those above are just some research I did on this topic, but that's not it. What if there was no Facebook in your life? It sure seems like life could be better. Not because Facebook is bad, but because there are so many greater things you could do instead. There is only so much time in a day. Choosing to do one thing always means choosing to not do something else. It’s a fact of the universe. And for every good thing I can do on Facebook, I can think of something better that I’m not yet doing that I could do with that time instead. It really is that simple.

Facebook is a great good. But if it’s keeping you from doing greater and more important things in your life, cut it off. Be bold! Free yourself. Don’t settle for a good life, demand a great one.
12-28-2017, 09:57 AM,
RE: 5 Reasons You Should Quit Facebook In 2018
yeah true one
enter here@Clive@Mrblins@Bigga@donblade@piano @Gkitng@kharlm☆ @Erosion
12-28-2017, 01:46 PM,
this seem to be true oo
12-28-2017, 02:37 PM,
12-28-2017, 11:17 PM,
Use Goodbye Spammer on gkitng.
itz seem to be soo bro
12-29-2017, 06:18 AM,
Use Goodbye Spammer on gkitng.
This is nice
01-18-2018, 07:20 PM,
As in ehn, I hate fb, I can't even create a fb account with my real name, that's disgusting.
01-31-2018, 11:42 AM,

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2018 Kidnapping Safety Tips By Hitng For Children And Parents emmyloaded 7 1,469 03-19-2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: Abbey
  [script] Add All Friends To Facebook Group In One Click – In 20 Seconds Xtopfile 3 1,534 03-14-2018, 06:59 AM
Last Post: flexible
  Ebook: How To Add Multiple Members To Facebook Group Using Your Andriod flexible 12 2,782 03-12-2018, 09:56 PM
Last Post: naijaplus
  MUST READ: I Saw This On Facebook And I Decided To Share, Really Motivating chem 10 2,197 03-10-2018, 07:49 PM
Last Post: Fritz
  HOT: How To Know And Choose Correct Answer For 2018 Jamb Exam flexible 7 2,093 03-09-2018, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Spruce
  4 Things You Should Know Ahead Of 2018 Utme olyj 1 923 03-07-2018, 01:12 PM
  HOT: Top 10 Nigerian Forum Sites 2018 Rayne 15 3,107 02-27-2018, 11:44 AM